Dr. R. Sathishkumar, Assistant Professor / ECE has been appointed as Placement Officer for a period of two years 2021– 23. His responsibilities include :
- To prepare Brochures for departments and send to prospective companies by April of every year.
- To identify three student representatives for the department who will actively participate in placement work.
- To correspond to prospective companies for interview date and schedule of events.
- To arrange for interview facilities at the campus and written test halls.
- To receive the personnel and provide necessary inputs about the college and to co-ordinate student representatives for smooth functioning at various locations (interview halls, written test halls, canteen etc.)
- To collect the appointment letters or correspond to get them as soon as the interview is over.
- To distribute appointment letters and collect acceptance letters from the students and dispatch to employees with in the stipulated period.
- To identify a standby placement officer to take over the responsibilities during the absence of Placement Officer.
Department-wise Student Representatives:
At least Three students from each branch of study will be chosen as Placemat representatives. They have to perform the following duties :
- To collect bio-data with students having primary eligibility at the start of the 7th semester and to verify their credentials with respect their marks sheets and once the results of a semester has been obtained, update the data and the eligible students for that semester are listed.
- To obtain the information about possible visit from the placement officer and depending on the eligibility criteria asked by the organization, submit the bio-data of students to the placement officer.
- To inform the students about the date and time of interview.
- To be present at the time of interview on a date given along with the two student representatives.
- To regulate students who have to be interviewed as per the order given by the employer.
- To collect the list of selected students and inform the students individually.
- To distribute the appointment letters to the students and get the acceptances letters and give them to the placement officer.
- To inform the date and time of campus interview / written test to the respective instructors who take classes for the final year students prior to that date. The instructors should engage the class if at least 50% of students attend the class on the date of campus interview.